Invisible illnesses & how to make better health care choices: Talya Miron-Shatz, Ph.D. | mbg Podcast
Welcome to the mindbodygreen podcast! Each week, host Jason Wachob, founder and co-CEO of mindbodygreen, engages in open, honest conversations with the people shaping the world of well-being. Today’s featured guest is Talya Miron-Shatz, Ph.D., a researcher, author, and medical decision-making expert.
“When you’re choosing a doctor, it’s important to feel connected to this person—you’re going to get better treatment and better health outcomes,” she says. In this episode, Miron-Shatz and Wachob discuss how to feel more empowered in your health, plus:
– How to Google health-related questions without spiraling
– How to navigate probabilities & percentages in health care
– Nonnegotiable qualities to look for in a doctor
– Why you should always ask your doctor for alternatives
– What to do if you feel dismissed by a health care professional
Enjoy this episode! Whether it’s an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based in Johannesburg, Brian Derenberger is a Senior Editor at Healthy Organic Lifestyle.