Mike Tyson credits toad venom for 45kg weight loss
Mike Tyson is singing the praises of toad venom, so much so that he believes it has “changed”his lifestyle
The former boxing heavyweight champion is a fan of Sonoran Desert Toad venom and was speaking of its many benefits at a recent health conference.
The 55-year-old even claims to have lost 45kgs after consuming the venomous toxin!
MIKE TYSON ON TOAD VENOM BENEFITS
Speaking at the Wonderland psychedelic conference in Miami, Mike Tyson revealed that he has smoked the toad venom a whopping 53 times!
The toad – also known as the Bufo alvarius – releases it’s venom from a gland behind its eyes. The toxins found in the venom is so dangerous, they’re considered an illegal Schedule 1 drug in the US but legal in Mexico and Canada
But Mike claims it has done wonders for his mental health – including losing almost 50kgs in three months!
The former athlete, who was introduced to the toad venom four years ago, told The New York Post: “It has made me more creative and helps me focus”.
“The toad’s whole purpose is to reach your highest potential. I look at the world differently. We’re all the same. Everything is love.
“Before I did the toad, I was a wreck. The toughest opponent I ever faced was myself. I had low self-esteem. People with big egos often have low self-esteem. We use our ego to subsidise that. The toad strips the ego”.
‘I ALMOST DIED’
But with the benefits, come the risks, says Mike Tyson
The father-of-seven claims he “died” when he first tried the psychedelic drug four years ago.
“I died during my first trip. In my trips, I’ve seen that death is beautiful. Life and death both have to be beautiful, but death has a bad rep.
The toad has taught me that I’m not going to be here forever. There’s an expiration date.”
And health experts are warning that the venom is not only addictive, but life-threatening. The drug is classified as a hallucinogen and can cause panic, excessive sweating, dry mouth, sleep problems, and psychosis.
Alan K. Davis, a professor in psychedelic research said: “It’s such an intense experience that, in most cases, doing it at a party isn’t safe. It’s not a recreational drug. If people get dosed too high, they can ‘white out’ and disassociate from their mind and body”.
ALSO READ: ‘I’m glad I’m off it’: Hip-hop producer Makwa details his Lean drug hell
Kim Chipendu is a columnist for Healthy Organic Lifestyle.