Roasted veg and soya bowl
One of South Africa’s most loved food brands has launched the new KOO Diced Beetroot which comes in Mrs H. S Balls Chutney Sauce as well as in Spicy Chutney flavoured Sauce. The new product offerings caters for the ever fast-paced lives, taking away the mess and fuss that comes with preparing beetroot which we know and hate, while delivering on taste just like the one made in our family kitchens.
I have decided to experiment with the new diced beetroot flavour and used the spicy chutney in a quick easy recipe.
- 2 Fry’s traditional burgers chopped;
- 1 chopped red onion;
- 1 punnet baby marrows and any other veggies you desire;
- 250 g quinoa;
- handful of spinach (baby spinach can also be used);
- KOO spicy chutney diced beetroot;
- salt and pepper to taste; and
- olive oil.
- Chop up the onion, baby marrows and any other veggies and place in a roasting tray;
- Optional: you can add paprika and other indian spices to the veggies prior to roasting;
- Sprinkle some salt, pepper and drizzle with some olive oil;
- Roast veggies on a 180 ºC heated oven for about 20 – 30 min;
- Fry the chopped soya burgers until golden brown;
- Prepare quinoa as per instruction on the on the packaging (or you can buy the ready to eat quinoa;
- Combine the roasted veggies; quinoa and chopped spinach;
- Drizzle with some olive oil
- Top with a the spicy chutney diced beetroot.
Enjoy with a chilled crisp glass of white wine. Perfect for summer lunching.