The Fry’s team has launched their Traditional Burger and Spiced Burger with a new formula. The new formula makes these ‘old favourites’ tastier, with better texture and more protein. The Traditional Burger now has an extra 27% protein, and the Spiced Burger an extra 14% protein.
The Fry’s burger range has always been a firm favourite with families looking for a convenient and healthier alternative to meat. Burgers are an ideal quick, delicious meal that satisfies the fussiest of eaters.
These products are so versatile that you could use them in wraps, stir-fry’s, curries and even turn them into no meat meatballs. I have created a delicious no-meatballs recipe.
- 1 box Fry’s Spiced Burgers grated or minced;
- 2 red onion, finely chopped;
- 3 sprigs of spring onion finely chopped;
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped;
- Fresh coriander finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder;
- 1 tsp ground coriander;
- 1 tsp garam masala;
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour (or use all-purpose flour) to bind;
- 4 – 6 diced tomatoes;
- Curry leaves; and
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Grate or mince the Fry’s Burgers into a medium sized bowl; (I prefer to grate or mince from frozen);
- Add 1 chopped onion; spring onion; chillies, turmeric, ground coriander; garam masala; some of fresh coriander and chickpea flour and mix well;
- With wet hands, roll the mix into meatballs and set aside in the fridge for 5 – 10 min;
- The meatballs can either be cooked in a Airfryer on 200ºC for 8 minutes or fried in a pan until golden brown and crispy on the outside;
- Set a aside.
Click to view slideshow.
- In a pot, add some oil and a cinnamon stick and heat;
- Once heated add curry leaves;
- Add 1 chopped onion and braise until golden brown;
- Add diced tomatoes, some round coriander; garam masala and let it cook until tomato becomes a chunky sauce;
- Stir occasionally so that it does not burn;
- Once sauce is thick, add the vegan meatballs; and
- Let the meatballs simmer in sauce for 2-3 minutes.
Garnish with fresh coriander and serve immediately with pasta of your choice or basmati rice. This is simply such a hearty wholesome comfort meal.
Fry’s has gone Beyond the Impossible for your health and taste buds. #FrysFamily #BeyondtheImpossible
For more flavorful recipes Fry’s
Kim Chipendu is a columnist for Healthy Organic Lifestyle.