You’re missing 50% of your life by being distracted: Amishi Jha, Ph.D. | mbg Podcast
Welcome to the mindbodygreen podcast! Each week, host Jason Wachob, founder and co-CEO of mindbodygreen, engages in open, honest conversations with the people shaping the world of well-being. Today’s featured guest is Amishi Jha, Ph.D., a neuroscientist and professor of psychology at the University of Miami.
“Pay attention to your attention. Check in with this precious brain resource—it is the fuel for your ability to think, feel connect, and act,” she says. In this episode, Jha and Wachob discuss how to pay attention better, plus:
– Why there’s no such thing as multitasking
– The link between a wandering mind & your mood
– What to do if you get an upsetting text
– How to do “mindfulness pushups” for your brain
– The difference between mind-wandering & daydreaming
Enjoy this episode! Whether it’s an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based in Johannesburg, Brian Derenberger is a Senior Editor at Healthy Organic Lifestyle.